Applying to a UC Campus? The Application Submission Period has Begun. 6 Important Reminders!
Taken directly from the University of California Counselors and Advisor Bulletin, which you can view here.
"The application cycle is fully underway and students can submit their applications through Monday, Nov. 30 at 11:59 p.m. PST. There is no advantage or disadvantage to the timing of a submission, as long as students submit their application on time. After the application is submitted, applicants can only make changes to contact information, update self-reported test scores, and complete application fee payments.
1. Transcripts: Official transcripts should not be submitted unless a UC campus directly contacts a student to request it.
2. Test Scores: Official SAT, ACT, SAT Subject Tests and TOEFL scores need to be sent to only ONE campus - UC will share scores with all campuses to which a student applies. IELTS scores, however, must be sent to each UC campus.
3. Test Dates in November/December: Applicants may report planned test dates in November/December 2015 on the application, then log back into their UC application to self-report scores after they are received. Order official scores from the testing agencies by the end of December.
4. AP/IB Scores: Official AP and/or IB exam scores are not required at the time of application review. Students will only submit an official score report if they accept an offer of admission to one UC campus. The official score report must be received by July 15.
5. Letters of recommendation: UC does not require letters of recommendation. However, a campus may specifically request a letter or two directly from some applicants.
6. Fee Waivers: Fees for up to four campuses can be waived for qualified students. UC's fee waiver program is for U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and applicants eligible for AB540 benefits. Waivers cannot be combined or used for more than four campuses."
Leave a Reply.